NSGT Board of Trustees Scholarship Fund
16 Scholarships: (4) $250, (6) $500, (6) $1,000
The NSGT Board of Trustees Scholarship is a prestigious award given each year to NSGT students who wish to pursue their passions for learning in educational programs offered beyond the school day or year. Previous student applications included requests to attend gifted summer, online, and weekend programs.
Scholarship funds may only be used to help pay tuition for programs that employ gifted and talented educational practices through eligibility, strategies, content, and/or application of learned information. Future program participation only will be considered and must commence by August 31, 2014. NSGT will remit all scholarship money awarded directly to the program organization.
In addition to the application form, students need to submit a detailed description (one page) of why they believe they should receive the scholarship. This description should include:
- A description of the program you wish to attend including tuition fees, a brochure from the program and/or a link to the program website
- Why you would like to attend the program and your expectation of how the program will impact you academically, socially and/or culturally
* For students under age 10, a parent may write the description page.
Other Application Materials
- Listings of honors or awards achieved
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or administrator
A team of educators in the field of gifted education will review the applications and choose the scholarship winners.
Deadline for applications is March 28, 2014. Winners will be notified by April 18, 2014.
Contact Info: Siobhan O’Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 203-399-5504
Applications may be submitted by mail to the address below, by email to email@example.com or by fax to 203-399-5201.
1 High Ridge Park
Stamford, CT 06905