NSGT Board of Trustees Scholarship Fund
16 Scholarships: (4) $250, (6) $500, (6) $1,000
The NSGT Board of Trustees Scholarship is a prestigious award given each year to NSGT students who wish to pursue their passions for learning in educational programs offered beyond the school day or year. Previous student applications included requests to attend gifted summer, online, and weekend programs.
Scholarship funds may only be used to help pay tuition for programs that employ gifted and talented educational practices through eligibility, strategies, content, and/or application of learned information. Future program participation only will be considered and must commence by August 31, 2013. NSGT will remit all scholarship money awarded directly to the program organization.
- Student must be a member of NSGT in order to qualify for a scholarship. Membership materials can be submitted at the time of scholarship application.
- To view NSGT membership criteria click here.
- Scholarship funds may only be used for fees to attend a program. Other expenses (e.g. – travel, supplies, etc.) will not be considered. An invoice from the program must be submitted to NSGT by all scholarship recipients. Funds will be paid directly to the program organization.
- Completed NSGT Scholarship Application (coming soon)
- Detailed description (one page) of how you propose to use the funding. This description should include:
- A description of the program you wish to attend including tuition fees, a brochure from the program and/or a link to the program website.
- Why you would like to attend the program and your expectation of how the program will impact you academically, socially and/or culturally
- School projects or papers
- Listings of honors or awards won
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or administrator
A team of educators in the field of gifted education will review the applications and choose the scholarship winners.
Applications must be received by March 28, 2014. Winners will be notified by April 15, 2014.