There is a wealth of information available online for the Gifted and Talented students, parents and educators; however, finding the resources can be a daunting task. In the following sections, we have gathered a list of resources to help you connect with others in the gifted community.
IGGY, an International Organization for Gifted Children
IGGY is an international, social and educational network for gifted children ages 13-18 created by the UK’s University of Warwick. It gives members access to interactive educational resources and allows them to work with top academics, student mentors and other gifted young people around the world to exchange ideas, debate, and learn and explore in a safe environment. IGGY focuses on providing in-depth content in the core subjects of Math, English, Science, History, Politics and Life Skills.
Find out more at: www.IGGY.net
IMI: Institute of Meaningful Instruction
(20% off for NSGT Members)
IMI offers an online course entitled Exploring Tomorrow. This 4-week online course teaches achievement through goal selection and measurement relative to each parent-student dyad’s unique situation, interests and values. The person-centered curriculum was designed using the accumulation of over 55 years of behavioral science and technology designed to lead participants through a guided conversation about what is truly meaningful, and how to align everyday life with those things. Upon completion of this course, participants will have objective self-generated data that can be used for creating a path towards future aspirations along with the tools to set new goals, change current goals and monitor progress.
IMI is offering all NSGT members a 20% off reduction in the cost of the course. Just use the code NSGT. For more information or to follow their work, please click the links below.
ASSET Talent Search, India http://www.assettalentsearch.com/
ASSET Talent Search (ATS) is a talent identification program that identifies, acknowledges and supports talented students at a young age and connects them with opportunities to enhance their potential.
National Society for the Gifted and Talented (NSGT) is delighted to announce its official partnership with Gifted Parents (GP), a global network of parents passionate about their children’s education and future well-being, and eager to make a positive impact in the world. We are excited to be able to offer our families an access to a global network of families, educators and professionals that can help guide as well as connect families in many meaningful ways. Some of the unique features of GP include:
Access to World-Class Industry Experts & Information
- Weekly live-webinars are conducted by world-class experts in various industries from around the world, including a Q&A session where members can interact and get personal feedback. All live-webinars are recorded and posted on the archive to be viewed anytime.
- A library of written columns from our experts on topics such as “Taking Care of Yourself: The First Step to Good Parenting” and “Your Child’s College Essay-Make It Great”
A Global Member Directory
- Current GP members come from over 100 major cities in 43 countries and are growing rapidly each day. Members can search for like-minded member parents worldwide by location or children’s age group for one-on-one communication and sharing.
Opportunities to participate in worldwide events, internships and partnerships
- The diverse membership base allows for global internship and job opportunities. For example, a member in Dubai recently posted an internship opportunity including room & board for summer of 2017.
- Member families and their children also have the opportunity to meet in person while traveling, forming life-long relationships.
- Members can discuss any topic of choice on a variety of discussion boards.
Exclusive Member-Only Discounts
- Many of GP’s corporate partners allow substantial discounts on their products and services exclusively for GP members. (e.g. discount on select Princeton Review products (test-prep courses, individual online tutoring, discount at registration for summer camps and programs at Summer Institute for the Gifted, discounts for first-class airfare from Executive Flights, etc.)
For more information about Gifted Parents and its member benefits, please visit www.GiftedParents.org.
NSGT Members: Please use the exclusive discount code “NSGT” to receive 50% discount on the Gifted Parents membership.
Gifted Education Videos
Gifted Education Articles
- “You are a…” The Integral Role of Apprenticeship in Problem-Based Learning by Dr. Shelagh A. Gallagher
- “Just What I Need” – Gifted Students’ Perceptions of One Online Learning System by Barbara Swicord, Ed.D., Jaclyn M. Chancey, & Micah N. Bruce-Davis
- The Puzzle of Differentiating Learning for Gifted Students by Barbara Swicord, Ed.D.
- Problem-Based Learning: A Promising Strategy for Gifted Students by Barbara Swicord, Ed.D.
- Underachievement in Gifted and Talented Students with Special Needs by Sally Reis and Betsy McCoach
- The Care and Feeding of Gifted Parent Groups: A Guide for Gifted Coordinators, Teachers, and Parent Advocates by Wenda Sheard, J.D., Ph.D.
- Nurturing Your Child’s Creativity by N. M. Robinson
- Counseling Issues for Gifted Students: More Issues? Special Issues? by N. M. Robinson
- Future career path of gifted youth can be predicted by age 13 by C. Benbow and D. Lubinski
- The Achievement Gap, the Education Conspiracy Against Low Income Children, and How This Conspiracy Has Dragged Down the Achievement of All Students by Dr. Joseph Renzulli
Resources for Teachers
Resources for Students