There is a wealth of information available online for the Gifted and Talented students, parents and educators; however, finding the resources can be a daunting task. In the following sections, we have gathered a list of resources to help you connect with others in the gifted community.
IGGY, an International Organization for Gifted Children
IGGY is an international, social and educational network for gifted children ages 13-18 created by the UK’s University of Warwick. It gives members access to interactive educational resources and allows them to work with top academics, student mentors and other gifted young people around the world to exchange ideas, debate, and learn and explore in a safe environment. IGGY focuses on providing in-depth content in the core subjects of Math, English, Science, History, Politics and Life Skills.
Find out more at: www.IGGY.net
IMI: Institute of Meaningful Instruction
(20% off for NSGT Members)
IMI offers an online course entitled Exploring Tomorrow. This 4-week online course teaches achievement through goal selection and measurement relative to each parent-student dyad’s unique situation, interests and values. The person-centered curriculum was designed using the accumulation of over 55 years of behavioral science and technology designed to lead participants through a guided conversation about what is truly meaningful, and how to align everyday life with those things. Upon completion of this course, participants will have objective self-generated data that can be used for creating a path towards future aspirations along with the tools to set new goals, change current goals and monitor progress.
IMI is offering all NSGT members a 20% off reduction in the cost of the course. Just use the code NSGT. For more information or to follow their work, please click the links below.
ASSET Talent Search, India http://www.assettalentsearch.com/
ASSET Talent Search (ATS) is a talent identification program that identifies, acknowledges and supports talented students at a young age and connects them with opportunities to enhance their potential.
Gifted Education Videos
Gifted Education Articles
- “You are a…” The Integral Role of Apprenticeship in Problem-Based Learning by Dr. Shelagh A. Gallagher
- “Just What I Need” – Gifted Students’ Perceptions of One Online Learning System by Barbara Swicord, Ed.D., Jaclyn M. Chancey, & Micah N. Bruce-Davis
- The Puzzle of Differentiating Learning for Gifted Students by Barbara Swicord, Ed.D.
- Problem-Based Learning: A Promising Strategy for Gifted Students by Barbara Swicord, Ed.D.
- Underachievement in Gifted and Talented Students with Special Needs by Sally Reis and Betsy McCoach
- The Care and Feeding of Gifted Parent Groups: A Guide for Gifted Coordinators, Teachers, and Parent Advocates by Wenda Sheard, J.D., Ph.D.
- Nurturing Your Child’s Creativity by N. M. Robinson
- Counseling Issues for Gifted Students: More Issues? Special Issues? by N. M. Robinson
- Future career path of gifted youth can be predicted by age 13 by C. Benbow and D. Lubinski
- The Achievement Gap, the Education Conspiracy Against Low Income Children, and How This Conspiracy Has Dragged Down the Achievement of All Students by Dr. Joseph Renzulli
Resources for Teachers
Resources for Students