NSGT Seeks Candidates for the Board of Trustees
The NSGT Board of Trustees is responsible for implementing the mission of the organization. All board members must:
- Possess a passion for advocating for the advancement of gifted and talented students across the globe.
- Advance the mission of NSGT by extending personal and professional credibility, expertise, and resources.
- Think broadly and strategically about the role of gifted education generally and of NSGT specifically.
NSGT is committed to recruiting volunteer board members from ethnically diverse communities who can travel within the Northeast US and who also represent businesses with philanthropic interests and connections. The board is particularly interested in maintaining a diverse perspective and in involving persons who have influence within their professional circles.
Board term: 3 years
- Ability to attend Board meetings held twice each year, once in New York City, NY, and once in Boston, MA
- Availability to participate in fundraising and development, either through personal giving, fundraising activity, or philanthropic connections
- Willingness to market NSGT programs through personal connections or recommended activity suggested by and to NSGT
If you are interested in serving on the NSGT Board of Trustees, or if you would like to recommend a candidate, please contact Dr. Barbara Swicord, CEO of NSGT, at email@example.com. She will follow up with further information and answers to questions. Interested parties are encouraged to review the NSGT website.
Anticipated Trustee election schedule:
- March: Potential candidates are interviewed by phone
- March–April: Nominating committee submits recommended new Trustees to the current NSGT Board of Trustees
- April: Candidates elected at the Board meeting or in similar real time, with orientation to be scheduled
- April–October 2018: New Trustees engage in Board work and attend first meeting in Boston in the fall